Thursday, April 2, 2009

S.O.S



Got (enuff) milk?

Scenario 1:
I send off Ndrh to babysitter's (Kak Mai) house at 6.30 am daily and pick her up close to 7pm. I noticed that her drinking habit has changed since beginning of the week. She drinks nearly 20 oz daily (previously just 15 oz) for the span of 12 hours. That is A LOT! Yesterday was even more, 22 oz coz Mummy reached home later than usual and only managed to see her after Magrib. Soon she saw me coming, she started to cry coz she was super hungry and the milk I supplied were not enuff. Anyhow, K Mai told me that she sometimes just wanna suck the teat and spill out most of the milk instead of gulping all down the throat.


I suspect that she needs a pacifier when I'm not around. My verdict is, she doesn't drink as much as 20 oz; prolly just 15 oz at most; and the balance is just to wet her tongue and clothes.

Scenario 2:
I prefer to pump less but gain more. For example, since I started working last week, I just pump twice = 20 oz during office hour. One in the morning and another late afternoon. 15 oz is for instant consumption (day after) and another 5oz I keep as frozen stock. Normally, I will leave 20 oz to babysitter, 15oz (production hari sebelum) + 5oz (frozen). Yesterday K Mai told me that I need to prepare at least 25oz for Nadirah, just in case I arrived late like before. Mana mau cari lagi 5oz? My frozen stock is running low.


How to increase milk production eh? I am quite happy with 20 oz daily, twice pumping session. The only way is to pump at night to get another top up of 5oz and balik Sitiawan and bring back all the frozen EBM (around 150 oz) which will only last for a month or so.

To do:
1. Amik cuti next week balik Perak.
2. Beli cooler bag with wheels from Momslittleones.com. Not to forget ice pack. More $$$ needed
3. Pump before tido - slim chance, normally dah tertido with Nadirah without even sempat gosok gigi.
4. Drink lots of soya?

Anything for dearest HnyB, IAllah.. :*


5 comments:

Fedyeu said...

wahh.. 2 kali pump je dah dpt 20oz.. jeles2.. tau x fedy mule2 dulu pump sampai 4x sehari pon jarang dpt 20oz.. huhu

advice yg fedy dpt dulu:

- pump frequent, mayb if possible try pump 3x ke kat office..

- minum air longan/red date/susu enfa mama

- sengkuang cina

selamat mengepam!

Ummuzulfa said...

Pump, pump and pump....no short cut to increase the production, you have to increase the stimulation.

Try to pump at home and weekends...

Pump and feed simultaneously..

workandpump.com have all the good info.

Enough rest, take a lot of fluid....

but never cut down your pumping session.

p/s I have sent you email regarding your q in my blog.

iL4na said...

hmm azie, from my pemahaman and not so long experience lah kan, susu yg ko pump tu will reproduce everytime lepas ko kosongkan tank. so y don't ko add another pump session waktu kerja? it only takes 10 mins kan? If i work around the clock like u do, i would stick to 10am, 2pm, and 5pm pump session. InsyaAllah akan bertambah susu tu.

remember not to lessen the pump session. nanti milk production will drop and we mummies will end up crying T__T

happy pumping mummy!

lukluk said...

I agree with 'additional' pumping activity coz more stimulation does mean more milk sis. Lagi satu; some well-breastfed babies memang mcm tak cukup minum though some of the supply prepared dia buat main saja maybe because 1) they might be hungry but the teat/bottle is NOT YOU 2)they had enough they just want YOU again 3) sucking is a their favourite pastime

hehehe tu komen saya yang tak di endorse mana2 jabatan kesihatan adanya :D

Mummy Nadirah said...

Okesssss! Akan bekerja kuat lg Mummy Assieee iniiii! Thanks for the advice sistasss! :-)