Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are you sane?


Indeed I am. Alhamdulillah.

I know many would think that I'm out of my mind for preventing my mom from doing chemo and undergo the standard cancer treatment (package, 3 in 1) at the UH. In actual fact, my mom doesn't want to do it in the first place. Then only I do my research and still on going. Mak actually has seen a living example of her niece (my cousin) who were suffering from colon cancer way back in 2005 if I'm not mistaken. She's a young mother, a cheerful teacher, very humble, warm-hearted and always wears her bright smile. Yong Muna. I still remember my summer vacation to her house in Kelantan and that was my last.

Mak treated her sister's (Yan) children like her own. When Yong was bed-ridden in KB hospital undergoing chemotherapy, mak came all the way from Perak to give her morale support and at the same time to boost up Yan's spirit. Mak has seen with her own pairs of eyes how Yong was in pain when the chemo drug was injected into her body. She kept on saying, "Panas Maksu..panass.." At one point she cannot take it anymore and the doctor has to stop the drugs from flowing in her body. She passed away few months after my abah, a surprised to many because abah was physically healthy.

Mak has experienced the chemo mentally and she refused to endure it physically. That's her personal choice and we are with her, rain or shine. Insya-Allah.

My word of advice, read. Resources are bountiful. You just need to choose trusted ones and try to position yourself outside of the box. Insya-Allah you'll find the answer. At the same time, seek for Allah's help to show us the right path. Semua ini janji Allah.

Thanks to all dear friends who has been calling and texting me all the week. I really appreciate your support, thoughts and prayers. Hanya Allah yang mampu membalas :-)

No comments: