Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cloth Diaper: My Journey

After the delivery, I've promised myself to start wearing nadirah with cloth diaper (CD) when she turns 3-month-old. I did.

I just have few CDs, all were bought during my preggy months. The hormones were unbalance at that point resulting with few insane online shopping sprees but nevertheless, I heart all the CDs! They are not the posh-mosh-branded-kind of CDs, but they do what they should do - keep the poo and pee contained in the right place!

I wanna note down the first generation of Nadirah's CDs so that when she reads this later, she'll know the CDs that have been with Mummy through thick and thin when we first embarked on our CD journey!

  1. Bella Posh OS, Red RM70 (I think I just pay around RM60 for this one, ade sale @ babyznmom.com)

2. Tiny Tush OS, Sea Spray RM75

3. WholeSaleCD OS @ tinytapir.com, Ocean, RM35.50

4. Thirsties Diaper Cover X-Small, Rapsberry RM44

5. Fitted Diaper Unbleached Small, RM35.90

6. Coolababy OS, Green RM35 – the website is no longer available (lampinkain.blogspot.com)

7. Palm and Pond Pocket Diaper S, Yellow, RM23 – didn’t get the chance to wear this, Nadirah has outgrown the CD by the time she started wearing CDs.

8. Palm and Pond Pocket Diaper M, Greyish, RM23 (got this free for purchasing 6&7)

9. Fuzzi Bunz Pocket Diaper S, Hot Pink, FOC – Gift from Aunty Maryam Afaf to Maryam Nadirah! Tq XOX!


10. *NEW* Crazy Momy OS, Yellow, RM45 (got 2 inserts, 1 small and 1 OS insert)

11. *NEW* Crazy Momy OS, Purple, RM45 (same as above)

No 10 & 11 were my recent purchased last 2 weeks. Found her website many moons ago. Maryaa is from Kuantan, MIL met her in person @ Kuantan in a function where she promoted her CDs. MIL gave me her brochure and then only I convinced and decided to try her CD. Honestly, I really really satisfied with the performance. Value for many, no leakage, good trimming, value for money and YES VALUE FOR MONEY! Rase nak beli lagi! In addition, the Cd comes with 2 inserts and laundry tab. How cool is dat..

Palm and Pond CD is from Thailand. I heart no 8 so much coz I don’t have to snap buttons to fit my baby’s size like OS-type of CD, just zap the Velcro closure according to fit baby’s tummy, yeah, you’re ready to go. Fast and easy just like DD (disposable diaper)! I normally use this during the day or for short period of time only (3-4 hours) coz the opening to put insert is quite small compared to other brands, so normally I just put I insert in it. Anywayzzz I found another website that sells this brand (even cheaper, just RM20 each!); but bear in mind, since the price is cheap, you then have to compromise with quality – the inner layer microfleece is easily ‘berbulu’ after a few wash, but to me it’s ok since you can’t see what’s inside, right? Only mummy and baby know the secret. So long it does the job, I'm so very fine. Hehe.

My verdict? I love CD that have both snaps/buttons for resizing purposes (One-Size - OS) PLUS Velcro to give good fitting at the tummy. Of course I would prefer to buy CDs according to HnyB's size, hence no need to snap the button, just zap the velcro and walla BUT at the moment dis madam don't have the money just yet to invest on CDs every time HnyB has increased in weight by 4kg. That's why OS CDs is so popular because you can wear it since newborn (3.5kg) and up to 13kg.

Advice to myself and mommys out there, if you wanna start wearing your baby with CD, the first rule of thumb is - don’t burn your pocket with super expensive CD, try out with ‘not too expensive’ but recommended-by-many-Mommys CD. 2ndly, don’t wait until you have 20-30 CDs then only start wearing one because, by then you’ll be too comfortable with DD. As for now, I only have 8 CDs (no 5 have to be worn with 4, so considered as one, no 6 abi left it somewhere far far away (kene ganti nih!) and no 7 is too small for HnyB) . For the past one month, HnyB wear DD at babysitter’s and CD at night and over the weekend. Alhamdulillah so far soooo good. And most important is, I feel good. Alhamdulillah.

I’m looking forward to shop more CDs very soon. (hah, reasons for shopping online!) Really hope that HnyB will be fully on CD before turning 1. Amin.

p/s- Thanks Hubby for being so understanding and supportive throughout the journey. Mwahssss..

5 comments:

iL4na said...

Azie, so basicly berapa byk CD kena ada kalau nak fully CD-ized the baby?

Mummy Nadirah said...

Susah soalan ko nih. Haha. Aku rase depends on washing habit kot. At this mo I have jaws' cousin to help me with the laundry so 8 is enough utk gune everynight kalo basuh once in 2 days. Bile wiken sesak napas sikit la sbb kene at least 5 per day.

Ini adalah hint terbesar utk jaws. Haha. Mummy needs more CDs!

Unknown said...

Lan0stZz: Sebenarnya 8 dah cukup. each CD can last for 6 hrs, so untuk 24 hrs, 4 CDs dah cukup. 4 CDs extra untuk next day, jadi total 8CDs dah cukup.

p/s: ok2 mummy..abi tau.. ade probability untuk hujan, tak sempat nak basuh, etc, so 8 CDs tak cukup and kene beli lebih. hehe. :P

Unknown said...

wah assie..zoul nih.klu ko igt aku lg la..aku pon baru nak try CD nih and tgh seronot membeli kat online hehe..baby wafa' baru 6 weeks..hopefully dpt CD fully..
ade satu blog ni dia bitau ideally satu hari 6 CD..4 siang, 2 mlm..siang with 1 insert, mlm with 2 inserts

Mummy Nadirah said...

Zoul! I remember u la of course. Ko kat mane skanggggg? Wah, welcome to motherhoodddd. Aku baru bace comment ni, dah tercomment kat entry awal, nway, reply kat entry Nadirah in prefold! Take care sista!