Thursday, March 12, 2009

Books on my shelf

I've just added a new widget last night - Shelfari; your online book shelf.

I'm trying to commit myself reading all the books I've bought; hopefully it works this time. Ok, as for March, my target is to finish at least these 4 books. (refer my bookshelf :-) If the books are not on the shelf anymore, it means that I've finished reading 'em! Seeing my virtual bookshelf will remind me that I have 'hutang membace buku' to myself and I must clear the shelf asap and restock new set of books. Iqra'.. Bacalah.

Formula Solat Sempurna
  • I've bought this book many mooooonnssss ago from Azila after attending 'Kursus Solat' organized by the author, Ust Zaharuddin at UIA. I still remember writing an email to all my female colleagues recommending this book as a must have for every family and MUST READ. They way the author explains on how to 'sempurnakan' solat right from wudu' to salam will make us realize how little our knowledge is on solat - the main pillar of iman and islam. Kalau solat pun hancus, lain2 pasti hancus, nauzubillah. Attending one kursus solat and reading one book on solat won't guarantee our solat to be tip-top tahap dewa and super-kusyu', but of course, it is an investment to saham akhirat, our ikhtiar and usaha to improve our solat. Mudah2an Allah catat as amal baik dan diterima olehNya.
  • The 174-pages-book is arranged in a very structured manner, suitable for us - adults. The glossy-paper-pages are colourful and interactive; definitely not an ordinary 'Buku Teks Pendidikan Islam'. The author tries to open-up readers mind that knowing how to solat is not enough yet - we have to know from which hadith, whose ijtihad, which mazhab agreed with that (emphasize given to Mazhab Shafi'e) etc and the author had done a great deal of work - referring all the kitab2 muktabar (and include everything as footnote just in case we want to find out more). Ayat aku mcm tergantung. Abaikan.
  • Ok, in short, give this book a try. If we want to teach our children how to pray, we have to know better and this is a great manual/guidance/reference. It can also be a great gift to anyone - me n hubby currently have a new habit - giving books as pressies on wedding or saje2 kasik to sibblings, friends. (Hadiah kawin Bugs adalah antara mangsa terawal. hahahah. Pisman!)
  • You can get the book from MPH for RM25.90. Lebih murah dr tambang bas KL-Kota Bharu.
Okes, itu sahaje utk buku ni. Another 3 books I'll have to make a new entry later. Penat den menaip. Selamat membace!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

assie, since ada fatiha aku rasa sgt susah nk cari masa nk baca buku, selaluny buku baca aku sbb tertido at the very point menyusukan fatiha. aku dah hutang 8edition of readers digest (tak termasuk tahun ni punye)

Mummy Nadirah said...

Haha. Aku try curik mase time pump jek nak bace. lain2 susah giler. adoi.