Thursday, March 5, 2009

I need a sling!

HnyB is super-cling-y! (but i truly love it!) She only sleeps when mummy/opah cuddle her, tepuk2 sikit, dendang selawat munif ahmad/akil hayy, then only she dozesss of to dreamland. But watch out! Once you put her down on the bed/toto, she'll open her eyes and started to cry. Hohoho. Back to square one! I have to add this in the 'Manual Penjagaan Nadirah' which will be given to the baby-sitter:

Peringatan: Bayi ini akan membuka matanya semula jika anda hanya mendodoi/memegangnye kurang dari 15 minit.

At nite, she rather sleeps on my super-fat arm than on the baby pillow. Lenguhhh tangan den! During her first month, she's ok sleeping in the mini cot below. Now she has outgrown the cot, (height and width!) kesian pulak tgk anak Mummy tersepit dalam tu. To all Mummies/future mummies out there, I don't recommend this to be in your shopping list, trust me. It has now become tpt letak baju. Hoho. Abi cakap, 'Mahal btol tpt letak baju Nadirah ni..'.
She sleeps less now during the day, but she needs to be cuddled all the time when she's awake (Opah cakap suke 'memerap'). In the end, Mummy and Opah have to take turns holding her until she feels like sleeping. Due to that, I knew I need a sling. Abi, dah justifiedkan Mummy nak shopping sling? :-)

They are many types of baby carriers in the market. Some are super-trendy and irresistible (specially those retro design fabrics) like this one from Kozy, which is known as mei-tai. Cute isn't it?

My research on baby carriers has started long before HnyB was born. Being a pregnant momma who constantly travel on bus and lrt, I am a strong believer of wearing a baby is the only solution to move around. And now, at 4.2kg(HnyB's weight, not mine!) I'm starting back searching for a comfy carrier.

Last time I was eye-ing on Aidafiqs's Mei Tai but she has stopped producing one after moving to London. Then, Snuggbaby comes into the picture. I really really love the selection of fabrics they offer, but I'm not sure whether it's the one for my baby.

This fabric is my favourite! Ala2 All Blacks gitu..

After reading few mommas blogs and forums, I think I wanna start my baby wearing journey with baby-pouch. Many(from forum) recommended Peek-a-Pouch from Peekaroo. The price is not bad! Barangan Buatan Malaysia ni, jgn main2! Aku salute btol org2 yg reti menjahit. I am so hampagas with sewing machine! My Form3 PMR sewing project was done by Makcik Ani d tailor @ taiping! Hoho. Selamberrrr.

I like stripy peek-a-pouch!

If hubster luluskan budget, I would go for Hotslings which is available at ThelilCaliph, but budget is not approved. Economy injection of RM10b by MOF doesn't include a Hotslings. Too bad!

Design Everyday : Tokyo - shweeettttt!

Last but not least, Littlepods also offers comfy slings at an affordable price, RM85 each. I think I loike this one.

Red is my colour. True assie-ness!

Ok, that's all. It took more than 5 hours to finish this entry. Why? Because I don't have a sling!

^_^

2 comments:

Fedyeu said...

wah.. fedy pon xbeli2 lg.. huhu..

Mummy Nadirah said...

Hoho. Aku ni berjalan laju, mcm org berlari. Tu yg nak ade sling. Hehe. Senang sikit nak kendong mcm bibik2. Mesti org ingat aku org gaji nanti.