Thursday, June 18, 2009

Diaper Rash

Opah took care of her cucu sulong second week of the school holiday. The previous week, Nadirah was fully on CD coz I was all week (except for Friday) with her. Since Opah was not familiar with the CDing thingy, we then used DD for her during the day and when I came back after work, we changed back to CD.

Then.. diaper rash flared up on her bottom. I just have no idea why coz she's been using the same DD with Ibu. The condition worsen by day. We used tepung kanji and Angel's Baby Bottom Bum on her bum but the rashes didn't go away.

I suspected DD must be the culprit. I then made the most important decision that I never thought will be this soooon - HnyB Dearest, you'll be CDing 24/7 from now on!

It's tough tho. We just have 8 CDs. (My entry on our CDs collection is here) It won't be enuff coz I can't afford to do laundry every single day. I've bought Prefold (RM55 for 6 pieces) and Little Coro Diaper Cover (RM10) before Nadirah was born but never used them. Together with another Thirsties Diaper Cover (that I always use with Fitted Diaper) we are set to go. Ibu also agreed to use CD and she's so impressed and excited with the baby gears these days. Further, she's soooo kind Masya-Allah alhamdulillah coz she washed all the CDs that Nadirah has used with her during daytime. Alhamdulillah ^_^ Allah made the CDing journey easier than I expected.

Prefold of different sizes

So what's prefold? For newbies, Prefold is actually one of the easiest and economical way to start CDing without burning big holes as a start-up cost. Normally Prefold is sold in Pack of 6, price range between RM45 - RM75 for a pack. I bought mine here. They are actually quite small for my nadirah now since it is a Newborn Pack. The size is according to the bb weight. In short, Prefold is differ from normal Kain Lampin in such away that they are already fold for you. (that's how they get the name: pre-fold) Just use a diaper pin or Snappy to fasten the prefold. You can just let the baby's bottom breath without covering her bum with diaper cover especially if you're at home. Else, cover the prefold with diaper cover and the duo will now be as good as DD. Snappy is kewl by the way!
Snappy, RM7.50 for 2

Layer the prefold in Diaper Cover

And tada.. I'm ready to go, Mummy!

This is how I normally use Prefold for Nadirah.

Alhamdulillah, less than 3 days, the diaper rash disappeared little by little and completely rash-free after 5 days. :-) :-) :-) Oh yah, my best pal for combating rash is this..

Angel Baby Bottom Balm. It does wonder, insya-Allah.

If you wanna read more on prefold, click here. All the pictures are from that website. Yesterday MrJ has approved my online-shopping license! There's no turning back, Mummy has to procure more CDs in order to survive! (alasan..hehe) Inilah hasilnya.. hehe..

3 CrazyMomy CDs
Joy Angel - Breastmilk Storage Bags *7oz* (50 Bags)Joy Angel - Nursing Tea (200g/7oz) *Economy*

Prefold Deluxe and Snappy

Hopefully all will arrive in one piece tomorrow. *_*

No comments: