Thursday, June 11, 2009

Greatest Asset


A GREAT ATTITUDE IS YOUR GREATEST ASSET

What usually separates the best from the rest? Have you ever thought about that? What separates the gold medalist from the silver medalist in the Olympics? What separates the successful entrepreneur from the one who doesn’t make it? What makes it possible for one person to thrive after a debilitating accident while another gives up and dies?

It’s attitude.

As Denis Waitley said in the Winner’s Edge, “The winner’s edge is not in a gifted birth, a high IQ, or in talent. The winner’s edge is all in the attitude, not aptitude. Attitude is the criterion for success. But you can’t buy an attitude for a million dollars. Attitudes are not for sale.”

For years I have tried to live by the following statement:

I cannot always choose what happens to me, but I can always choose what happens in me. Some things in life are beyond my control. Some things are within it. My attitude in the areas beyond my control can be the difference maker. My attitude in the areas that I do control will be the difference maker. In other words, the greatest difference my difference maker can make is within me, not others. That is why your attitude is your greatest asset or liability. It makes you or breaks you. It lifts you up or brings you down. A positive mental attitude will not let you do everything. But it can help you do anything better than you would if your attitude were negative.

The Difference Maker

MAKE YOUR ATTITUDE YOUR GREATEST ASSET TODAY.


No comments: