Sunday, November 1, 2009

Laundry? NO




MrJ and I have listed down things/chores that stress-up my life most while hubby is away (read:single-mom during weekdays). Thanks to Dr Tum for her tips and tricks to reduce the overwhelming while I'm alone throughout the week caring for dear baby.

My Biggest Enemy is LAUNDERING! I think many will agree with me. Doing laundering is truly unbearable. Putting them in the machine is actually a step away from disaster. When they are already clean, you need to hang/air them and space is an issue for us living in cute lil aprtmnt. And sometimes, I need to wash them (read:in the machine) more than 3 times coz this BigMomma has already in Lala-land with Lil Madam when they are ready and morning is never a good time for me to hang 'em coz Lil Madam is very clingy and wakes up as early(or late) as Mommy. Then by the time I reached home after work at around 6pm, the originally fresh laundry has now turned sOuR. So need to wash spin etc again and the cycle starts back. So depressing. If I waited till end of the week for Abi to help me with it, we don't have enough space/hangers for 1 week amount of laundry. It doesn't stop there ladies. Then after the clothes are dry, here come the most hated part in this whole processes, LIPAT/IRON and PUT BACK in the wardrobe. Gosh. Time consuming.



After K Zan left for KGanu a week before Ramadhan, we've been discussing about sending the dirty clothes to the experts (Laundry Shop) but nothing materialized until I realized that I'm so overwhelmed after seeing a show on Oprah about an overwhelming mom. It was a really good life lesson show and I knew I need to do something and take control of my life. So, to cut the story short, we now officially have our family Laundry Shop! Erk, not ours, we pay them to clean our dirty laundry :-) And they can pick up our dirty clothes/send our fresh laundry right to the front of our doorstep! How kewl is that! Minus the fact that the guard at our apartment is super-cengihhh xmao kasik strangers' cars entering the gate. Haiyaaa. Need to sort that out fast. (Note to Abi :-)

So we have sent our first batch (loadssss of them) to S&Z Smart Laundry last week and they sent the laundry back to us; nicely folded in same geometrical size and all my office attires were neatly pressed and hanged..ahhhh..i love the smell of fresh laundry! Can't wait to send more today!

Few things I need to do for the next round:
1. Send in my own hangers so that they won't charge us extra for that.
2. Provide them my own detergent, more skin-friendly especially for Nadirah's garment.
3. Hmm, do I need to count the inventory? How many in-out? Any laundry experts out there?

Alhamdulillah, part of my brain is now stress-free and I think I can concentrate more on other important things in life- Nadirah and MrJ!

Ok peeps, that's all for my Sunday rant on Laundry! I found really-really good website on how to handle your laundry. Here and here. All the pictures are from here.

Abi, can we have one of these? (but still send out our laundry to SmartLaundry? Hihihi)

*Drooooool*










3 comments:

iL4na said...

azie, how much diorg charge per kg and how often ko hantar?

MissNajla said...

basuh ok lagik,tunggu time nk lipat,ishhh semakkkk....mula lah berkira2 nk lipat esok lah,esok lagi...akhirnya tersadai bertimbunan atas katil....cessss!! skrg ni tgh prepare bilik utk kamu & mak....nk superclear kan bilik2 yg ala2 stor baju tuh...

Mummy Nadirah said...

Aku hantar sekali mcm RM50 gaks sbb aku selalu basuh toto we are sleeping on. Toto selai RM8, Baju sekilo RM2.30. I didn't survey around other shops rege berapa but from what we knew, this is the only shop yg buwat service amik and hantar so mcm convenient la.. :-)

Ya imah, sila sediakan king size bed utk kami semua. hahaha. can't wait!!