Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Honey for Baby

I've been waiting for nadirah 12 months milestones coz then only I feel safe to let her take honey as daily supplement. All the while, I've read a lot on the side effects of honey if taken by baby under 1yo (thanks to google, but not many researched are done on this) and one of them is called botulisme, so I decided not to let her consume it until she reaches her 12 months birthday. Hope to find a hard science proof saying the adverse/positive effect to baby, in there's any. If it's good, I want to start earlier than 12 mths.

In actual fact, I was too excited and bought her Manuka Honey, the NZ product that is very famous with its UMF (Unique Manuka Factor) at Bangsar Village Organic Shop. The higher the UMF, the better (google mommies). I was very confident and asked the salesgirl for the highest UMF that they have in shop. And gulp, tersedak makcik ini when knowing the UMF 20+ is tagged @ RM200 plus plus for 500g! Gosh. I don't have enough cash and don't own any credit cards either. Just RM100 in my purse. So I did my cover-up story and settled with UMF 10+, RM80 plus plus 500g.

We are diehard honey consumer. Especially my mom. When I reached home and gleefully tayang my hard earned Manuka Honey, we tasted it and erk. Is the honey suppose to taste that weird? It's hard to explain. Rasa mcm ubat. Hard metalic taste, not the usual sweet honey. Kasik sesudu ke Nadirah, instantly she blew it out of her mouth. Adeh. Don't do this to Mummy. Mahal okeh.

I have to find an alternative. Honey is extremely good. And I found the solution alhamdulillah.


Hiraq Wildan for Kids Dates Herbal Essence. Name panjang bukan main.

Now nadirah is on Hiraq Wildan. I'm at peace because this is an IMP product plus it has more than just honey. All the goodness of sunnah food are included + superfood/herb such as - Honey, Habbatussauda, Dates, Buah Tin, Olive Oil, Kismis, Spirulina, Goji, Rozel and Gingko. And most important, she loves it! And me too. Sedap!


No comments: